Rick and Morty season 5 has ended and I enjoyed most of them. Honestly it was hard to decide between my top 4. Also no spoilers because that would ruin the fun.
10. Rickdependence Spray: This might be the weirdest and grossest premise for an episode. Why are the fourth episodes always the worst?
9. Amortycan Grickfitti: This episode has a fine lesson about not acting cool just to impress someone.
8. Gotron Jerrysis Rickvangelion: They really went all out with the Voltron homage.
7. Rick & Morty’s Thanksploitation Spectacular: Last season we had snakes now we have turkeys. I really like the rivalry between Rick and the President.
6. Mortyplicity: This is probably the most insane and unpredictable episode yet.
5. Rickternal Friendshine of the Spotless Mort: Great to see insight on Rick and Birdperson’s friendship.
4. Forgetting Sarick Mortshall: I like how Rick and Morty’s plots deal with their unhealthy relationship.
3. A Rickconvenient Mort: How did a parody of Captain Planet end up being one of the most emotional plots of the whole show?!
2. Rickmurai Jack: What could’ve been an anime parody ended really takes a sharp turn and ends on a huge cliffhanger.
1.Mort Dinner Rick Andre: Probably my favorite premiere episode of the show. A great subversion of the Narnia wardrobe and Mr. Nimbus stole the show.
Basically, the first and last episodes were the best. Now it’s time to play the waiting game again.
Season 5 was the worst overall season so far, but had one of the best premieres, and what I think is the best finale/cliffhanger of the series so far. I’m happy to see that everyone universally hated the giant sperm episode.
And I don’t blame them.