Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. I love watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, eating stuffing, pumpkin pie, and turkey (especially dark meat). Here are the Thanksgiving specials that I really enjoy watching.
5. Garfield’s Thanksgiving: Going on a diet on Thanksgiving is Garfield’s worst nightmare next to a never ending Monday. Lorenzo Music was always great as Garfield and Jon’s Grandma played by Pat Carroll brings a lot of energy to her.
4. The Loudest Thanksgiving – The Loud House: It’s great to see these two families work off each other. What’s also great is that it doesn’t do the whole one family is right and the other’s wrong type of story. Both have understandable reasons to have the eldest child celebrate with them.
3. Dawn of the Peck – Bob’s Burgers: The Simpsons has Treehouse of Horror as their holiday tradition. Bob’s Burger’s tradition are Thanksgiving specials. All of them are great but I’d have to choose Dawn of the Peck to represent. This episode is such an epic and fun ride that shows the dangers of live turkeys.
2. A Winnie the Pooh Thanksgiving: Its Winnie the Pooh, how can you not like anything he’s done? I watched this so many times at my Grandma’s house. It’s a charming special teaches us that Thanksgiving isn’t just about tradition, it’s about spending time with your friends/family.
1. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving: I love It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and A Charlie Brown Christmas but somehow I find myself coming back to this one. I love the music, the atmosphere and the animation. Everything about this special screams Thanksgiving to me.