Happy New Year! Now that 2018 has begun here are my top 10 most anticipated movies of 2018 and my reasons why I’m excited for them.
10. Solo: A Star Wars Story– Why: It’s Star Wars so I’m game though it’s weird that there hasn’t been a trailer yet.
9. Mortal Engines– Why: Just found out about this recently. It looks like a steampunk version of Mad Max Fury Road which seems promising.
8. The Happytime Murders– Why: Another movie I found out about recently. Jim Henson’s company is involved and the premise feel like Who Framed Roger Rabbit (one of my favorite movies) with puppets.
7. Black Panther– Why: Black Panther was cool in Civil War and I think he’ll be cool in his own movie too.
6. Ant-Man and the Wasp– Why: I placed this over Black Panther because I know less about Ant Man 2. I think the less we know so far the more excited we are.
5. Deadpool 2– Why: It’s Deadpool, enough said.
4. Ready Player One– Why: It’s directed by my favorite director Steven Spielberg, has so many references like the Iron Giant in it, and it’s cool to see Steven direct fictional stories again.
3. Avengers: Infinity War– Why: I was worried due to there being so many superheroes in one movie. But after watching the trailer (which was awesome!) I got incredibly excited.
1/2. Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2– Why: We have not seen a Disney animated sequel since The Rescuers Down Under (unless Winnie the Pooh counts) and the fact there every Disney princess (and their original voices) are going to be in it.
1/2. Incredibles 2– Why: I don’t think I’ve ever been excited for the Pixar movie since Toy Story 3. I think I’m mostly excited because I want to know what the plot, new characters, and new villains are. The Incredibles feels like the Pixar movie that deserves a sequel the most.