Happy Valentine’s Day and in the spirit of this day I thought I would list my top 10 favorite animated romances. It was going to have live action romances but I could think of more animated ones then live action so I just stayed with that. Theses are the couples that I find so adorable when they are together and want to take down anyone who get’s in there way.
10. Star Butterfly and Marco: Come and get me Starco fans. Their friendship between the two is great and the episode Bon Bon the Birthday Clown dives deep into their relationship.
9. Ruby and Sapphire from Steven Universe: Their relationship is pretty much a character named Garnet. The twist was very well build up and didn’t feel forced. Their scenes in Hit The Diamond are both sweet and hilarious.
8. Shrek and Fiona: I like how there relationship goes through a lot of obstacles that married couples go through like in-laws or children. Shrek 2 I think is where their relationship really shines because it shows how far he’s willing to go to get the approval of Fiona’s parents.
7. Aladdin and Jasmine: My favorite Disney canon couple. I liked how they are both different and the same. One’s a princess the other’s a street rat yet they both feel trap in there roles.
6. Wall-e and Eve: Pixar showed that robots can have romance. The define dancing scene is romantic and shows the most creative kiss ever seen on film.
5. Aang and Katara from Avatar the Last Airbender: Aang first vision after being frozen his her.Talk about love at first sight LOL. Aang pretty much tells Katara that there is still hope in the world and she will protect him.
4. Sly Cooper and Carmelita Fox: I know this is a video game couple but there are animated cutscenes so I’m counting it. Even if it’s kind of a one-sided romance its enjoyable when Sly flirts and fools around with her while she is constantly trying to arrest him.
Number 2 and 3 are both tied due to being very similar and I honestly couldn’t decide which was better.
2/3. Sora and Kairi from Kingdom Hearts: It’s not live action and has Disney so I’m counting it. I know there not really a couple just friends but I always thought they were cute together. The cave scene in the beginning and end where they carved each of them eating the fruit is very sweet.
2/3. Steven Universe and Connie: The second Steven Universe relationship on this list. I like how there friendship grows throughout the show. Connie started off as a nerdy friend who Steven can share gem information with into a sword fighting protege that will fight beside Steven. Their friendship even created Stevonie.
1. Carl and Ellie from Up: I picked this not just because it’s my favorite Pixar movie but because there romance pretty much sets up a great story for a great movie. The married life scene is wonderful. Without any dialogue shows the life of this married couple in just a few minutes and it is emotionally beautiful. It makes it so heartbreaking when Ellie dies and Carl willing to fly his house to Paradise Falls to complete their dream. That’s why Carl and Ellie are my favorite animated romantic couple.
What are your favorite animated couples? Please leave a comment.